Thursday, September 27, 2007

Picking up cones

So Alex taught me another lesson today. They are putting in new sidewalks along our block right now and they have cones lining each side of the road to keep cars out of the ditch. We were walking home from the park tonight and Alex noticed that several of the cones were tipped over. He said mom, can I put the cones back up? "Sure," I said, thinking that he would just put up the two in front of us. But no, when he was done with those, he wanted to cross the street and do the next street, and then the next. Even when I told him that we weren't going on, he insisted, so on we walked. When he got all done, he said, "Mom, the workers are going to be so happy tomorrow cause all of the cones are back up." Here I thought that his motivation was just to "put them right." He told me, "Mom, I'm a hard worker, huh." But he wanted to help and work hard and make someone happy. I have a lot to learn. How do you change the world. Pick up one fallen cone at a time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this story! I hope you write more of the kids stories they are priceless and will always be cherished. You may not remember them if you don't record them! I know!

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home