Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hoskins Update

Happy Spring, The birds are chirping, the bugs are coming out (hurray, declares the boys), the trees are sprouting, the allergies are sneezing, Yup, it's spring. But wait, last week, Snow, says Sarah. Gotta love a Colorado Spring. 75 degree during the day and it snowed that same night. 40 degrees the next day. Things are going amazing here in the Hoskins Household. Alex is growing so quickly. I just registered him for summer camp. The same camp that he was born at. I remember bringing him home from the hospital thinking, someday, Alex can go to camp here. That someday has come very quickly. :-) He is busy doing school, cubscouts, chess club, and Awana's. We are looking forward to Spring Break. We have quite a week planned. Aquarium (he is totally into sharks right now. I never knew so much about them. :-) ), Sleepover at grandma's with cousins, mom, and Aunt Mel, swimming, a play about Flat Stanley, and the Zoo. He is doing extremely well in school, and he loves doing stuff with the cubscouts. He recently has his pinewood derby in scouts. He (and Tom) made a hammerhead shark car, and although he wasn't the fastest, he took home the trophy for best design. Callum is also keeping very busy. He has decided that preschool isn't so bad and is looking forward to going to kindergarten at Alex's school. He has done several sessions of swimming lessons and loves to be in the water. He also keeps busy scootering, playing the Wii, and annoying is sister. He continues to crack me up, and his big blue eyes can melt anything!!!! Sarah is almost two....temper tantrums, new words everyday, wanting the world to revolve around her..... But, she is soooo amazing as well. Call it keeping up with her brothers, or whatever....she is one smart cookie. Her newfound love is the dirt. But, she wants to do anything anyone else is doing. Her theme song right now is, "I can do anything you can do better, I can do anything better than you." (Callum often respond no you can't, Sarah, "Yes I can," Callum, "No you can't." Sarah, Yes I can, Yes I can) Yes I have that song stuck in my head daily. She helps with the laundry, she can practically unload the dishwasher on her own (i'm not exaggerating!!!) She can jump on the trampoline (or get two feet off the floor) and she loves to follow her brothers all over the tubes at McDonalds and down the slide. No fear. She loves puzzles (and I'm not talking about the wooden ones with the pegs, i'm talking about 25 piece puzzles) You have to help her, but she does them. She still has to be rocked to sleep (with a stuffed animal under both arms) but I'll hang onto that as long as I can. :-) Because I work evenings, I don't get every bedtime with her, so that time becomes precious. She will read books for hours, and she really likes reading on the potty. Yup, she has gone several times. So we are on our way. If she is done training before three we have set a record. ;-) Hopefully sooner. Tom keeps busy with his new job at Coors and I continue waiting tables at Village Inn. God has blessed us abundantly and we are looking forward to seeing what plans he has for us in the future. I pray that this spring you find new hope, new life, and renewal in your life. Seek God and you will find. Trust God, and he will be faithful. Love, and you will be loved. Blessings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home